Dilemma Resolved

It’s taken a long time to finally finish this quilt.  (See here for progress reports)  First I had to take all of the predominantly red blocks out to suit the recipient.  Then I struggled with the borders.  I’ve been in the process of a move, that delayed attention to this project for six months.  The recipient saw the progress recently and chose the fabric for the border.  Wouldn’t you know it?  I didn’t quite have enough.  Typical.  I designed blocks for the corners, that reduced the length of fabric I would need by 40″ and I decided not to mitre the strips, saving another sixteen plus inches.  Whew, a little more than enough to border the quilt and eventually bind it.  The corner blocks are bigger than ideal, at least they served the purpose and still are in keeping with elements of blocks in the main body of the quilt.  I am declaring this quilt top, done.
DSC_0529
Psalm 144:12  May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown, our daughters like corner pillars, cut for the building of a palace.
Advertisements

5 comments on “Dilemma Resolved

  1. I think it’s fabulous and you made lemonade out of lemons! Great corner treatment. Yes, objectively the corner blocks are slightly too large, but not such that they are distracting or out of balance. Good job all around. I think it is beautiful.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s