My sewing machine is handicapped at the moment. The light has burnt out and it is an hour drive to get another one. It has severely limited the amount of quilting I can get done. Frustrating to say the least. I have been planning future projects instead. Almost as frustrating because I can not begin them until the projects I have on the go are completed.
This one I am naming “Dandelions”. I intend to use the fabrics above and sew it into a wall hanging for our spare bedroom. It will go really well with the existing beadspread and drapes. I got the idea when I drove up to the church this Sunday and noticed the grass starting to turn green along the building and the dandelions starting to bloom. Always a cheery and welcome sight, at spring’s first blush. Not so welcome as summer establishes herself. I might change it to four block squares and scatter the colours more. I’ll decide when I get that far and how ambitious I feel at the time.
Going to the fabric stores are too much of a temptation. I see something I adore and cannot resist the temptation to purchase, without any thought as to how I am going to use it. Here are some ideas for two patterns I couldn’t leave behind.
I love the large flowers that are somewhat stylized in their renditions. The challenge then becomes finding a pattern that is conducive to the fabric and doesn’t detract from how fabulous it is. Here is what I am considering. I have to remember not to let my hair fall in front of the flash of the camera to avoid shadows. The grouping on the right will probably be a modified nine block square in some way.